Payment Service Provider (PSP) enrolment process
SEPAmail.eu is a French SAS (simplified stock company) that owns, develops and optimises the SEPAmail Standard to allow its Members to use and market the Apps it offers in compliance with this Standard. SEPAmail.eu is also a Certification Authority that guarantees the security of the interactions between members that use this Standard.
In addition, SEPAmail.eu is a community of Members based on mutual trust, from a technical, legal, security, and banking standpoint. To use any of the Apps, PSPs must join SEPAmail.eu membership directly, since the preservation of trust means subcontracting is not permitted.
To join SEPAmail.eu, you must:
- Be a PSP in the euro zone
- Intend to use or market at least one of SEPAmail.eu’s Apps
- Be part of the SEPAmail Member Community
Joining SEPAmail.eu: a 5-step process
- Candidacy submitted (letter of intent and annual report)
- Service agreement and membership agreement dispatched
- Review of the PSP’s candidacy
- Entry fee invoice sent
- Service agreement signed and invoice paid by the Applicant
- Access to the Test and Training platform (if applicable)
- Applicant homologation process: approval of the technical package and successful completion of the homologation process (connectivity, protocol, business aspects)
- Validation of membership
- Membership contract signed before launch
- Annual membership invoice sent (if applicable)
- Contact information and database information provided and registered
- Go/No-go for live environment launch
- Notification to other Members already in live
During the candidacy process and before the launch of the service, the Applicant must carry out a certain number of actions within their organisation (depending on the App: organisational and technical workshops, selecting points of contact, negotiating bilateral conditions with other PSPs). Commercial relationships with other entities are negotiated between the two partners, outside of SEPAmail.eu.
As part of the homologation process, Members must either develop their own solution using the SEPAmail Standard or adopt a solution that has already been developed by a referenced service provider or by another certified Member.
Membership candidacy form
Are you a PSP looking to join SEPAmail?